Friday, January 1, 2016

It's a New Year!


The year of 2015 was good for us. I married the man I fell in love with back in high school. We moved into a little apartment together and got a proper couch (after 4 months). I started this blog (which I intended to update a lot more than I've been able to). I got a full-time job again. We spent a wonderful vacation in California with our family. It's been a good year!

All that aside, it's now 2016. And of course everyone's got their goals. Mine is to start sewing some more once the Christmas tree is no longer blocking my entire fabric stash... I knew there was a reason I didn't want the tree on that side of the TV and media cabinets. Oh well, live and learn.

I've also started a little side-project, which I'm very excited about. We got two little fantail goldfish in October, and I've been educating myself via the internet on their proper care and whatnot. And being the crafty person that I am, I've been looking into things like DIY foods and toys (yes, you can make toys/enrichment tools for goldfish). So yes, now I am slowly becoming a crazy fish-lady (still better than a cat-lady, in DH's eyes, but he just doesn't like my cat much). In any case, I am considering putting up a little tab in this blog to record my adventures with the little fishies. Let me know in the comments what you think!

Would you like to see more of us?
It wouldn't be the majority of the blog, of course. I still enjoy my sewing, thanks very much! And I've got lots of projects planned for the new year! Now, I may have to make some changes to how I originally wanted to organize and run this blog, because with my full-time job I really am stretched thin when it comes to time for sewing and photographing the process. It takes me at least four times as long to write up tutorials as it does to make a prototype of a sewing pattern, and even longer to edit all the photos that I take of the process until I've got just the most important ones. I am trying to make as much time in the new year as I can for this blog, though!

Hopefully I haven't bored you to death, and you'll check back in on this blog in the future, as I am hoping to share some really exciting new sewing tutorials soon!

Happy New Year!
Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment