Sunday, July 26, 2015

About the Absence

I am terribly sorry I haven't kept up at all with my posts, I know I'm at least a week behind! I promise I will get better about it, but for now I sort of have to focus on my new job so I keep it. As important as my sewing is to me, I also really want to help DH with the bills again, and start saving more for a house (so I can have my own craft room, of course).

This is where I've been spending a lot of time, hanging out with my husband at work
I'm still working on the chess pieces for my chess set, but it's taking forever because we don't have a garage I can work in and I am not going out in 95+ degree heat to cut and sand and work. So I've been limited to a little time in the mornings and a little in the evenings (if the mosquitoes aren't eating me alive). As soon as I finish I will post the rest of that project.

Some of the pieces cut and sanded, preshaping
I'm also planning a pants pattern that I will be sharing with you all once I finish the chess pieces. Although, if the heat doesn't let up, I might just jump into that first. All I can say is that I will probably be splitting that project up in two, as well. One post for making the pattern, the second for sewing it together.

Alright, that's all for the update. I do hope you'll forgive me, and come back to visit when I've got new materials for you to enjoy!


Happy Sewing,
Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment